Session 2: Family Stress
Pastoral Care and COVID-19
Session 2 of a 6 session workshop focusing on key issues for pastoral care during a time of pandemic.
What is the effect of all this enforced proximity on our most significant relationships? If “absence makes the heart grow fonder,” what can we do to counter its lack? How do we draw closer to those we love while resisting the things that might foster resentment?
Watch the video lecture (below) and then use the Zoom link below to join the live discussion at 7pm EST on Thursday, April 30.
In advance of our presence session, please give attention to these suggested readings:
- How to preserve — and even strengthen — your relationship during quarantine, according to a marriage expert
- Why child welfare experts expect a spike of abuse during COVID-19
- You can’t hide your stress from your kids…
- Why teens may never be the same after the pandemic
- Dear Coronavirus Quarantined Parents, You Now Have Just One Job
- As Cities Around the World Go on Lockdown, Victims of Domestic Violence Look for a Way Out
- 22 Stress Relief Activities to Calm Yourself Down in 5-Minutes or Less
Session Video Lecture
Have a question or comment about the ideas in this session? Want to ask the professors a question? Leave it in the comments area below.
Senior Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling
Dr. Wade Rowatt has taught Pastoral Care and Counseling for over 37 years. He is currently the Senior Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky. Wade also supervises Pastoral Counselors in Training and conducts a Parish and Community Program in Clinical Pastoral Education.
Adjunct Professor, Pastoral Care
Dr. Dartanya Hill is Pastor of West End Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky and a licensed psychologist. Dr. Hill also regularly teaches at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky as an adjunct professor in the area of pastoral care.
Ask a Private Question
Need to ask a question but do not wish for others in the course to see it? Leave your question below for Dr. Rowatt and Dr. Hill. Note that if question volume is high they may have to be selective in which questions are answered.
Flourish courses offer great learning opportunities around key topics designed to help equip church leaders for vibrant ministry. These short-term courses are offered online and are affordable.