Session 5: Pastoral Care
Pastoral Care and COVID-19
Session 5 of a 6 session workshop focusing on key issues for pastoral care during a time of pandemic.
How does one help others and lead them to help still other people when everyone is in crisis? For what are leaders responsible at a time of crisis? As leaders, what can we do to ensure that those in our care are not neglected, even when we can’t see them as much as we’re used to?
Watch the video lecture (below) and then use the Zoom link below to join the live discussion at 7pm EST on Thursday, May 21.
In advance of our presence session, please give attention to these suggested readings:
- “A Concise Coronavirus Guide For Churches” – Christianity Today
- Her name was June. She was my grandmother. I lost her to the faceless, cruel coronavirus
- Being the Virtual Church
- “Sermons about Sodom are timely, but not for reasons you may think” – Erica Whitaker
- The Good Samaritan and the coronavirus
- How to cope with bereavement during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to plan a funeral or memorial and grieve during the coronavirus pandemic
Session Video Lecture
Questions? Comments? Ideas?
Have a question or comment about the ideas in this session? Want to ask the professors a question? Leave it in the comments area below.
Dr. Wade Rowatt has taught Pastoral Care and Counseling for over 37 years. He is currently the Senior Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky. Wade also supervises Pastoral Counselors in Training and conducts a Parish and Community Program in Clinical Pastoral Education.
Dr. Dartanya Hill is Pastor of West End Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky and a licensed psychologist. Dr. Hill also regularly teaches at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky as an adjunct professor in the area of pastoral care.
Ask a Private Question
Need to ask a question but do not wish for others in the course to see it? Leave your question below for Dr. Rowatt and Dr. Hill. Note that if question volume is high they may have to be selective in which questions are answered.