Session 3: Depression
Pastoral Care and COVID-19
Watch the video lecture (below) and then use the Zoom link below to join the live discussion at 7pm EST on Thursday, May 7.
- How Social Media Leads to Depression
- WebMD Guide to Depression Symptoms
- Suicide Rates Rise Over the Past Two Decades
- Kids Today Face Surging Rates of Anxiety and Depression
- Coronavirus: ‘Depression feels like my cat is sitting on my chest’
- COVID-19 Could Bring an Epidemic of Depression…
- Suicide concerns mount as COVID-19 affects mental health
Session Video Lecture
Questions? Comments? Ideas?
Have a question or comment about the ideas in this session? Want to ask the professors a question? Leave it in the comments area below.
Dr. Wade Rowatt has taught Pastoral Care and Counseling for over 37 years. He is currently the Senior Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky. Wade also supervises Pastoral Counselors in Training and conducts a Parish and Community Program in Clinical Pastoral Education.
Dr. Dartanya Hill is Pastor of West End Baptist Church in Louisville, Kentucky and a licensed psychologist. Dr. Hill also regularly teaches at BSK: Baptist Seminary of Kentucky as an adjunct professor in the area of pastoral care.
Ask a Private Question
Need to ask a question but do not wish for others in the course to see it? Leave your question below for Dr. Rowatt and Dr. Hill. Note that if question volume is high they may have to be selective in which questions are answered.